Share |

Feb 6, 2009

The Useless Stuff That We Bought

First thing first, let me introduce myself. My name is Ethenia. This is my 3rd blog, actually. But this is my first blog of which I write everything from the cornerstone of my heart.




Just like any other girl, (I still feel that I am a girl, "big girl" is most suitable term, I think ^.^ ), I like to go shopping, go to the mall and sightseeing for every single place, counter, and stuff that I met. This case is not only prevail in mall, but also in a small kiosk that sell accessories, jewellery, clothes, gadget, until books. Pfff... So, do we have any similarity? Go on.... Lately, I realize that I have so many clothes, bags, and accessories (hat, jewellery,and all that silly girly stuff) that I keep these things in any places disorderly. Yeah, those unimportant things make my closet full and mussy. And the problem doesn't exist only in that case, hell yeah, and it is perplexed me to decide which clothes that I would wear, which bracelet that I would pick to decorate my wrist, which bag that I would carry to campus, etc. Then, this problem and perplexities put all the unused stuff becoming useless. (since I never wear it due to unsuitable thoughts, or I wear it but only once in a year). How poor that stuff is....

So, the question is....
Why did I buy that crazy useless thing?
Hmmm... maybe it was happened due to my intense desire that ordering myself to.. first, come to that counter, second, seeing around over there, third, stop my view at one spot, fourth, touch that stuff, fifth, imagine myself in a perfect and flawless shape with that thing, and finally sixth... tempted to bring it home (by buying it, of course). Oh, I forgot to add the most important thing, which is checking for the price and how much money that I bring at that time, ha ha ha.... (I know that all of you do that, unless you are Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and Donald Trump) Actually I don't know whether they think before they buy something or not, LOL.

AND IT'S NOT OVER YET....
I also do that in the term of the thing that we called "cosmetic". Uhhhh.... Even right now I have four shampoos, and the one that I use is only ONE among them, while I let the rest stand useless in the rack. How come? Maybe I belong to a person who like to try and alternate between some products that I am interested to category. And sometimes when I go to supermarket, I am trapped into a new luscious-likely cosmetic product of which I saw the advertisement on television. Yeah, I am an "ad victim". The product seemed to be so gorgeous and flawless on television and it seemed that all the girl who use it would be the same pretty as the model. I mean, I wish I could be as gorgeous as the model when I use the product, even for the first time use. Even, whether my lotion, compact, and lipgloss at home is empty or filled, it doesn't make any difference, neither, any effect to stop my eager to buy that cosmetic product. Then I make a plea reason in my heart, "This product is different, because it is glossy, and mine at home is not". Ha ha ha...


I THINK THAT IT'S NOT ONLY ATTACK GIRL...
It attacks guy also, maybe... But in another terms, not those "beauty" things above.
But who knew that there are several guys who really care about their "beauty" and do more silly things than I did?
Okay, I heard that someone ask me to stop... ("STOP IT!!" ,he said) No offense before...
The things that I mean is book and magazine, anything that we read.
So yeah, I was pushing myself so hard to read the books... Anykind of book... Novels, science, and last but not least... DICTIONARY!!!
I like to go to bookstore... Seeing around... Looking at some interesting books with interesting covers. While wise man says, "Don't judge a book by its cover" (no relevance, anyway). And yes, I am looking for best seller books. Does it mean that when my friends read a super mega best seller book then I go with them? Oh it's not, lady... It's not that simple to influence me, even in "what I want" level until "my stance and point of view" level. I go to bookstore occasionally, not every month, but longer than that. One in a two-month maybe... But last week, I went to a big book bazar in my town. There are hundreds title of book in sale. And you know what, I bought ten books at that moment. Crazy.... Guess what? None of them that I have read... And now I am pumping my spirit up to read them one by one. I suppose that it will took three months to finish it.

Now you get the point... It still has relevance with the "beauty things and the clothes" above... It such kind of useless... I bought something that I was not sure if I could finish it or use it or not... I have no idea why did I buy all that stupid things. I just want to buy it? Or... I really need to use it? Then, I have learned my lesson well. That we just need to buy something that we really need, this is not about what you want at that crucial moment anymore (not crucial anyway, I just put an exaggeration). But perhaps some of us have the same problem, which is about regretful feelings for not buying a very unique, scarce, and cute stuff that we absolutely no doubt that none of our friends ever have it. Well, save your regrets later. Ha ha ha ha... Just kidding. I don't want to influence you to have the best regretful moment in your life. Save your money for more important things (your school, maybe). I act as if I was that wise. Ha ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment, please?